With more than $13bn being invested in Mozambique port, railway and corridor infrastructure projects, opportunities exist for companies looking to establish their foothold in a rapidly growing sector.
This sets the stage for the first Mozambique Ports & Rail Evolution Forum taking place from 13 – 15 May in Maputo. Organised by dmg events, the two-day conference and port tour site visit is hosted by the Mozambique Ministry of Transport and Communications and the Maputo Port Development Company.
“Alongside our partners, we’re excited to host almost 120 attendees from more than 10 countries to explore the challenges, opportunities and solutions for improving regional integration and connectivity in the region.” said Daniel Bloch, Portfolio Director for dmg events’ Transport division.
“Attendees will learn from African port and rail authorities about challenges and opportunities for port and rail development as well as rail maintenance and rehabilitation. Sector experts will also provide insight into major commodities that are driving infrastructure development forward and what types of funding and investment opportunities are available”
The Hon. Carlos Mesquita, Minister of Transport and Communications, Ministry of Transport & Communications, Mozambique will head up an impressive line-up of expert speakers expected to share their insights into the sector over the two days.
Additional speakers confirmed to address participants include:
- Osório Lucas, Chief Executive Officer, Maputo Port Development Company, Mozambique
- Lourenco Sambo, Director General, Agency for Investment and Export Promotion, Mozambique
- Andre Ciseau, Secretary General, Port Management Association of Eastern and Southern Africa, Kenya
- Christopher Musonda, Managing Director, Zambia Railways Limited, Zambia
- Johny Smith, Chief Executive Officer, TransNamib Holdings Limited, Namibia
- Clive Smith, Acting Chief Executive Officer, Walvis Bay Corridor Group, Namibia
- Domingos Fortes, Commercial Director, Port of Luanda, Angola
- Elias Mwenyo, Manager: Business Development, Namport, Namibia
- Samson Bhuza, Director: Operations, National Railways of Zimbabwe, Zimbabwe
Visit the event website for full programme and speaker details www.transportevolutionmz.com.
dmg events, a leading international events company launches the Mozambique Ports and Rail Evolution Forum event as part of the Transport Evolution series of events.
The 3rd edition of West African Ports and Rail Evolution debuts in Nigeria later this year and the portfolio’s flagship event – African Ports and Rail Evolution welcomes the 8th annual edition of the conference and expo in Durban, South Africa in October. The two events are regular meeting points for key African ports and rail authorities and thousands of qualified maritime, transport and logistics professionals.